Thank you to our
WEEK THREE Sponsor
Binding and Finishing Design & Troubleshooting
All times listed are Central Time.
Week Three: Binding and Finishing Design & Troubleshooting | May 12
12:00 p.m. – 12:05 p.m. Introduction
12:05 p.m. – 12:55 p.m. Finish with a Bang! Great Ideas for Folding, Binding and Mailing
Speaker: Trish Witkowski, FoldFactory.com
This presentation will include fresh ideas from the industry’s own “print celebrity,” Trish Witkowski. She will share unique and effective folding, binding and mail solutions from her extensive (and coveted) print sample library. This highly visual and inspiring presentation is filled with real-world print “eye candy” and value-added print strategy that will prove that you don’t have to break the bank to engage your audience.
12:55 p.m. – 1:05 p.m. Industry Interview: Standard Finishing Systems
1:05 p.m. – 1:20 p.m. Finding and Keeping Customers in a Post-Pandemic World
An interview with Deborah Corn, PrintMediaCentr and The Printerverse
Industry influencer Deborah Corn shares her take on important questions:
- How do printers, finishers and binders get more business from current customers?
- Where are the new customer opportunities?
- Is now the time to raise prices?
1:20 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Troubleshooting Adhesives, Paper Stocks and Binding Techniques: Ask the Experts
Panel Members: Chris Eckhart, Eckhart & Co. Inc.; Mitch Holsborg, C&C Bindery & Packaging; Matt Cassidy, BC Adhesives; Paul Steinke, Standard Finishing
The binding process is the key to a successfully completed print project. This panel of trade binders and industry suppliers will tackle a set of topics that include:
- Choosing the right adhesives – and understanding how sustainability concerns affect adhesive choices
- How binderies responded to COVID-19 by changing their business direction and focusing on new types of work
- The influence the growth of digital printing has had in adjusting standard procedures and changing plans for new equipment
- How are binders working through supply chain shortages? And how they can take advantage of these supply chain challenges as more work is staying in the US rather than going offshore?
2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. A live Q&A session with the day’s presenters